Believe it or not, I have emerged from my seeming hibernated state. Winter was long and harsh in my neck of the woods, some having called it 'a good old-fashioned winter.' I love snow; however, even I grew weary of the continuing frigid temperatures and ongoing icing problems.
Spring is here and with it a wee bit of snow on the daffodils. Warming temperatures and sunshine are putting smiles back on the people I see in stores, at work, in passing, and on myself! Hopefully you are cheering up and ready to move forward with 2015.
In the news. So many things have been happening. This list is the short list:
- Presidential candidates for 2016 are emerging.
- ISIS/ISIL is continuing to behead, slaughter, rape, and perform other horrific acts on Christians and anyone who doesn't behave and believe as its members do.
- California is running out of water.
- A much beloved world-class Olympic Champion has 'come out' by announcing he is transitioning into the woman he has always felt he was inside.
- Allegedly, one Democratic Presidential candidate has been involved in some inappropriate behavior and is being called to testify regarding missing emails, and much more.
- The USA finally has a new Attorney General.
- A volcano erupted in Chile, many many evacuated.
- An earthquake occurred today in Nepal and the death toll continues to rise.
- Britain and the world await news of a new royal baby. (I'm sure Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge are the most anxious to have the little one arrive.)
- Soldiers are dying everyday. Veterans are dying everyday. Veterans are committing suicide at an alarming rate.
- Volunteer organizations of all types need volunteers.
Get out there and do something, American citizens!! Volunteer, speak out, and VOTE!!