Welcome to my very own blog!
Excited about this endeavor, I beg your pardon as I learn the techniques of blogging!
Please feel free to comment on any blog. You may use the contact page if you wish. I will do my best to reply to your contact queries, but no guarantees as I have a very full life outside of cyberspace!
Please note that any comments which are overly offensive, are vulgar, contain excessive profanity, etc. will be deleted by yours truly. On this blog, I am the judge and all deletions will be at my discretion!
By way of introduction ~~
- I am proud to be an American citizen, born right here in the good ol' USA, descended of immigrants who worked hard to achieve the American dream for their families.
- I am a Christian by faith, originally Presbyterian by denomination (over 50 years with that group), but still separated from my church as the national church divested of major stocks which supported the state of Israel. One cannot claim to be Christian without supporting God's chosen people (as so designated in the Bible). I am not "born again" as there has never been a time in my life when I didn't know God; He has always been there.
- I am a daughter, wife, (step)mom, grandma, great-grandma, sister, aunt, cousin, friend, and volunteer.
- I worked as an Office Administrator and Tax Preparer for a local tax and financial services office with an awesome employer (a good friend too!) and great colleagues for over 31, almost 32 years. That was my day job. I'm currently working on moving forward with an old old dream from my youth in my spare time ~ more to come on that. I resigned in late 2021, effective year-end. Contrary to what some may say, I have NOT retired. I am merely making a career change!
- Focusing on my life-long love of writing is finally coming first place on the list of my various job titles. The time is right for me to be able to put in the time to the thing I love most: writing. With that, here we are in January 2022. (Note, not who I love the most, that is my family!)
- Oh, I am registered as a Republican -- have been since I first registered, although sometimes I think picking one of the two big parties is more of an option so that you can vote in the primaries. Both parties have good points and bad points. I am too liberal for most Republicans and too conservative for most Democrats. In the years since I started this blog, I have decided that our two major parties in the USA have lost touch with what and whom they represent: the American people. There are other smaller political parties out there and I'm slowly researching them.
I believe in supporting OUR troops! I am the proud wife of an veteran who served two tours in Vietnam, the kid sister of a brother who served in Vietnam, a daughter of a Purple Heart foot soldier in WWII (now deceased), the (step)mom of a recently retired military musician, the niece of WWII and Korean War veterans. They've covered the Marines, Air Force, Army, and Navy Don't EVER tell me the military does nothing for you - I will prove you wrong.
As you can tell, I have strong viewpoints and beliefs. For what it is worth to you, who will become my readers, enjoy and comment to your hearts' desires. If you don't like my blog, that's your issue, not mine - my feelings won't be hurt if you move along. Sometimes the words I feel compelled to share hurt because I tend to put it right out there.
I began this blog in 2012 and found that, after the death of our daughter and newborn granddaughter in late 2013, I was unable to continue writing for some time. Although my viewpoints welled within me and my love and worry over our country did not waver, my heart could not bear for me to put words from brain to hands to keyboard to cyberspace paper (actual paper and pen were no better). As you could see, I tried occasionally to share some thoughts, but the meager efforts were draining and not frequent. I appreciate those loyal readers who have followed my occasional posts (mostly shared memes) on Facebook and who have checked on the blog for any recent posts -- more than you will ever know. Without further chatter, today, this 24th day of September 2016, I share a piece which poured forth from my soul this past week. My heart, soul, brain, and writing, typing fingers are back in sync and ready to share with the world. Peace be with you and all you know and don't know. --Rita
Update as of 5/4/2019 -- A broken hip in 2018 stalled my desire to write, but as the saying goes, "I'm bacccck!" Oh and my the 4th be with you.
Update as of 1/10/2022 -- After feeling pulled in too many directions and life changes within my family, I really am back and ready to write. Thank you to those who have hung around, waiting for me, and waiting.
God Bless the United States of America!
(Oh yeah, I say Merry Christmas and shall always recite the Pledge of Allegiance with "one nation under God" included!)
Copyright 2012 - 2022.
All opinions, views, and content of this website belong to website owner. Reproduction without express written permission is punishable by U.S. copyright law.