Such fuss in the media, among political party hard-liners, among general friends. And then, then, national disaster.
I will forgo my opinions on politics from coming forth any further in this entry in lieu of sharing true needs of our people tonight.
Shelter, electricity, heat, food, clean water, warm dry clothes. YOU can help. Here are just a few great venues you may use. There are others, please do not consider my list exhaustive. If you are reading this blog, then I know you have internet access and will spare you phone numbers and mailing addresses.
- Samaritan's Purse http://www.samaritanspurse.org/
- The American Red Cross http://www.redcross.org/hurricane-sandy?scode=RSG00000E017&subcode=paiddonationsbrand&gclid=CJOllM6UqrMCFS-RPAod3xUAIw
- The Salvation Army http://www.salvationarmy.org/
- Feed the Children http://www.feedthechildren.org/site/PageServer?pagename=lpftc_hurricane_sandy.html&s_src=google_adwords&s_subsrc=gaw_BRAND_2012_HURRICANE_SANDY-17021846532-hurricane%20sandy%20relief
Other things you can do:
- Pray --Pray for warmth, for the rain to let up, the waters to recede, the winds to calm. Pray for food that is unspoiled, water that is clean. Pray for dry clothes. Pray for peace of mind. Pray for those who may be missing. Pray for shelter.
- Donate items --If there is a collection of non-perishable food, water, clothing, building items, donate to those who will deliver the items where needed.
- Volunteer time -- If you can spare the time, look for groups in your area who will go into the disaster areas to help rebuild, feed, and clothe those who are in need. Often times, churches in your area, construction companies, and others will form small groups to go in and work with larger groups coordinating such efforts.
YOU can make a difference right now. A national election approaches. Stay focused. Do what is right for your country, for your fellow man. Holidays approach. Do what is right for your country, for your fellow man. Tomorrow is a new day, do what is right for your country, for your fellow man. Do it for them. Do it for yourself.